2020 Poultry Order Form - CLICK ON THE PDF
This order form is a fillable pdf, So you can type on it and then print a copy. Please scroll to the bottom of this page for information on shipping zones and charges as well as other order information.
POULTRY ORDERING INFORMATION
Please check the website for information on sold out poultry items. We will update poultry availabilities around the first of each month.
HOW SOON DO WE CASH YOUR CHECK SENT FOR PAYMENT OF YOUR POULTRY ORDER?
Please be sure to send payment that is current (no postdated checks). It might take us a few weeks to get your order processed, depending upon our work load at the time, but your check will be cashed just when your order is placed in the schedule book and a confirmation letter is sent out to you. We do not hold your check until after your birds are shipped out. We do accept only a check or money order as payment for the poultry orders. Our prices would have to be set much higher if we were to set up to take credit cards as payment.
PLEASE REMEMBER ALL DAY-OLD POULTRY IS SOLD AS STRAIGHT RUN ONLY. WE DO NOT SEX ANY OF THE DAY OLDS. Since we do not sell sexed chicks, we have no control over what you receive as far as a male-female ratio. Ideally, it is supposed to be a 50-50 split, but anyone who has been in poultry knows it can vary from that.
ALL ORDERS MUST STILL COME IN BY USPS MAIL WITH PAYMENT INCLUDED IN THE FORM OF A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER. WE DO NOT ACCEPT TELEPHONE, INTERNET OR CREDIT CARD ORDERS. YOUR POULTRY ORDER IS NOT BOOKED UNTIL WE RECEIVE IT IN OUR OFFICE BY MAIL.
Please remember we process and fill orders on a first come, first served basis. We never know from year to year which will be the hot items that everyone will want, so place your orders early even if you don’t want them until summer. If you don’t get your name on the list early for the date that you prefer, that date may already be booked up for the breeds you want. REMEMBER, ORDER EARLY!!!!!
DAY OLDS: We will telephone or e-mail you the day your birds are shipped so it is very important that you include your daytime and evening telephone numbers (if they are different) and your e-mail address on your poultry order form. We call in the evening to let you know they have been sent and the Postal Service calls during the day to let you know they have arrived at your Post Office. We will basically try to contact you first by telephone and will use the e-mail as a backup contact in case we can’t reach you by phone. We do not call if we do not ship.
SHIPPING DOCUMENTS AND SHIPMENT REPORT FORM
Every poultry order is shipped out with an NPIP sheet and a breed list, indicating what is enclosed in the shipment, in the envelope attached to the outside of the box. There will also be a “Shipment Report Form” enclosed in the envelope taped to the outside of the box.
1. INSTRUCTIONS - POULTRY SHIPMENT LOSS: If there is a problem with your shipment and you receive dead birds, you MUST send to us within seven (7) days of receipt of shipment our “Shipment Report Form” (filled out and signed) or an official form from the USPS stating how many birds were DEAD ON ARRIVAL or a photo of the box and contents if the Post Office will not verify your losses. This MUST be sent by U.S. Mail. It will not be accepted by e-mail.
If you do not mail this back to us within seven (7) days, NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN AND NO REPLACEMENTS WILL BE SENT!!!!! WE ASK THAT YOU CONTACT US WITHIN THREE DAYS OF RECEIPT OF YOUR ORDER IF YOU LOSE BIRDS AFTER ARRIVAL SO THAT WE ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM AND CAN HELP YOU IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.
2. CHICK WARRANTY: We cannot guarantee the chicks past their arrival time. Any losses in shipping must be reported and documented upon arrival (verified on our form by a USPS employee or a photo taken upon arrival). Losses from shipping issues must be reported within 3 days. Losses that occur after arrival and up to 3 days will only be credited or replaced. There will be no cash refunds on losses after shipment arrives only replacements or credit. We also make no guarantees as to how many years your poultry will live. There are too many factors that can alter a bird’s egg laying length and life in general. If your losses are small and you have another shipment coming, we will try to replace them in your next shipment. If the losses are larger, we will either replace the lost day-olds or refund for your losses.
3. SHIPPING DATE: There is no guarantee on these. We do the best we can to meet your requested date, but we are dependent upon the birds cooperation. We ship on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of each hatch week and always contact you (either by phone or e-mail) the evening the shipment is mailed.
4. CANCELLATION POLICY: We reserve the right to charge a 25% cancellation penalty for any order that is canceled 10 days or more after the date on the confirmation letter. If you decide to cancel the order, the cancellation must be received in our office in writing via U.S. mail with your signature on it. We do not accept cancellations by e-mail or telephone. There is $3.00 charge for any order that is cancelled once it is received and we have processed and set it up. There will be a minimum of a 3 week delay before a refund on such orders is issued to insure your check has cleared before we issue a refund from us.
THE NUMBER IN THE ( ) AFTER THE PRICE OF THE POULTRY INDICATES THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF DAY OLDS AVAILABLE AT ONE HATCH. YOU CAN ORDER AS FEW AS 1 OF A BREED. IF YOU WANT MORE THAN THE MAXIMUM NUMBER, YOU WILL NEED TO PLACE TWO ORDERS FROM TWO DIFFERENT HATCHES (INCLUDING THE EQUIVALENT OF 25 CHICKS FOR EACH ORDER) AND PAY TWO SEPARATE SHIPPING CHARGES.
We do not ship hatching eggs or adult fowl.
NOTE: Please pay attention to the hatching dates for each type of fowl. When a breed is sold out for the season, it will be indicated beside the breed description for that breed on the web site. (Example: Turkeys do not start hatching until May. Guineas don’t start until June. Geese quit around July 1.)
POULTRY SHIPMENTS TO CANADA
We are no longer shipping poultry for entry into Canada. The changes in USPS border delivery and expense of vet import papers has stopped us from doing this.
POULTRY SHIPMENTS TO HAWAII
All orders for poultry shipments to Hawaii must be received in our office well in advance (a month or more) of the shipping date requested so that the necessary permits and paperwork may be obtained. There is no charge for the paperwork to ship to Hawaii, but it must be obtained in advance. We are not allowed to ship ducklings, turkey poults, or goslings to Hawaii. We can only send chicks. All shipments to Hawaii must be sent by Express Mail.
EXPRESS MAIL SHIPPING FOR 2021
We have to ship via Express Mail to AK, HI, and PR. We have had fabulous service getting birds to many points in Alaska in less than 24 hours. Other than those places, Express Mail was a disaster for 2020 as in most cases it took longer than Priority. There is also a false idea that the birds will get there the next day and you will get paid for losses. Both of which are not true. Baby poultry are considered "lives" and "lives" are not guaranteed for delivery for 4 days. At 4 days the USPS will refund your postage and pay for losses otherwise no insurance and no refund for postage. For example, I can send you a book by Express mail and if it doesn't get there by the second day I can get my postage back but if I send chicks they will not pay until day 4. WE ARE NO LONGER SHIPPING BY EXPRESS MAIL, EXCEPT TO ZONES 8 AND 9 and Puerto Rico. If you insist on Express Mail please email us and we will figure out the rate.
POULTRY NUMBER ORDER REQUIREMENTS
1.Chicks, bantams, guinea keets - You must order these in multiples of 25 (25, 50, 75, 100, etc.). (20, 40, 60 , 80 from June 1 to August 30)
2.Ducklings and turkey poults - You must order these in multiples of 15 (15, 30, 45, 60, etc.). (10,20,30, 40 from June 1 to August 30)
3.Goslings - You must order these in multiples of 6 (6, 12, 18, 24, etc.).
You may mix guineas,bantams and chicks, or turkeys and chicks, or guineas and turkeys in the same shipment. Ducklings and goslings may be mixed together in one shipment. You may never mix ducklings with turkeys, bantams or guineas because these do not ship well together. You may never mix geese with anything except ducklings. (1 duckling = 2 chicks. 1 gosling = 2 ducklings. 1 turkey = 2 guinea keets or 2 chicks.)
POULTRY SHIPPING CHARGES
- We only call (or e-mail if we can’t reach you by phone) you the day that your order is shipped out.
The shipment is sent by Priority Mail (2-3 day delivery) with Delivery Confirmation.
Tracking service is now available with priority mail through the USPS or on their website.
- You pay from the Zone Code Chart according to the zipcode which your delivery is being shipped to.
ZIP CODE ZONE DETERMINATION CHART
PLEASE LOCATE THE FIRST 3 NUMBERS OF YOUR ZIP CODE TO DETERMINE YOUR POSTAGE
POULTRY SHIPPING INFORMATION